Veterans Unearth The Past at Historic Battlefields With AVAR
American Veterans Archaeological Recovery (AVAR) is a nonprofit dedicated to promoting the well-being of disabled veterans transitioning to civilian life through field archaeology.
In May 2019, with the support of the American Battlefield Trust and the National Park Service, AVAR began its first project on the hallowed ground of an American battlefield at Saratoga. Learn more about the groundbreaking work being done by American Veterans Archaeological Recovery, featured in the Trust's Winter 2019 issue of Hallowed Ground magazine.
More about the project
- Battle of Saratoga: When Goliath Blinked »
- Battlefield Archaeology »
- Archaeology 101 »
- Cataloguing & Analysis: Findings From the AVAR Saratoga Project »
- Interview with Amy Bracewell & Stephen Humphreys »
- Dr. Steven Humphreys »
- Nonprofit Preservation and Archaeology Groups Join Forces to Help Veterans Readjust To Civilian Life »