420 East Fortification Street
Jackson, MS 39202
Charles Henry Manship, a decorative painter and craftsman by trade, built the Manship House. Manship served Jackson as the first mayor for two terms during the Civil War in 1862 and 1863. The Confederate fortifications protecting the city from invasion from the north were located nearby. Two of Manship's sons, David Daley and Charles Henry Jr., served the Confederacy.