823 North Jefferson Street
Jackson, MS 39202
The Boyd House, also known as The Oaks, is on the National Register of Historic Places. Built about 1853, this was the home of longtime mayor James H. Boyd both before and after the Civil War. The house is one of the few extant structures to have survived the burning of Jackson and is now a museum operated by the Colonial Dames.