808 Athenaeum Street
Columbia, TN 38401
The Anthaeum Rectory was headquarters for Generals Negley and Schofield during the Civil War. Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest was a frequent visitor. The owner of the house, the Rev. F.G. Smith, the rector of a girls' school, outfitted a company of Confederate soldiers, the Maury Rifles. The Reverend Smith also designed a submarine and worked on a hot-air balloon for the South. Owned and operated by the Association for the Preservation of Tennessee Antiquities.
The Carter House
Franklin, Tennessee | Built in 1830, this historic site was the location of the 1864 Battle of Franklin.
Sam Davis Home
Smyrna, Tennessee | This historic site is the family home and farm of Tennessee's "Boy Hero of the Confederacy, " Sam Davis.
Nashville, Tennesee | During the Civil War, the historic site served as headquarters for General Stanley and Gen. Thomas J. Wood, commander of the...
Franklin, Tennessee | After the Battle of Franklin, this historic site housed hundreds of the more than six thousand Confederate casualties, leaving...