1700 Acklen Avenue
Nashville, TN 37212
Belmont Mansion was built by Joseph and Adelicia Acklen in 1853 and enlarged in 1859-60. During the Civil War, the house served as headquarters for General Stanley and Gen. Thomas J. Wood, commander of the Fourth Army Corps. At Belmont, Wood gave orders to all division commanders for the first day of the Battle of Nashville.