Brothers In Valor
A special Medal of Honor Series
The American Battlefield Trust visited three historic battlefields with modern recipients of the Medal of Honor, where our extraordinary guests had the opportunity to walk in the footsteps of a Civil War-era recipient who fought in circumstances parallel to his own. These stories, and the incredible first-hand accounts captured in breathtaking video footage, were brought together by the Trust for a special issue of Hallowed Ground magazine, produced with the invaluable assistance of the Congressional Medal of Honor Society.
To date, the Trust has saved more than 50,000 acres of sacred battlefield land in 24 states — including the Slaughter Pen Farm at Fredericksburg and Morris Island, two of the exact locations featured in this project and where the Trust has made a significant preservation impact.
- Search Our Medal of Honor Database »
- Purple Heart and Medal of Honor Recipient Jack Jacobs On Courage, Service and Sacrifice »
- Hallowed Ground Magazine »
- Behind the Scenes: Capturing the Stories of Three Modern Medal of Honor Recipients »
- Brothers In Valor Trailer »
- The Purple Heart: The Oldest Honor »
- Brothers In Valor: Living Medal Of Honor Heroes Walk In The Footsteps Of Their Civil War Counterparts »