Learn About the Revolutionary War in One Day
Do you need an introduction to the Revolutionary War on a day off?
Learn about the Revolutionary War in one day.
Here's how to get started:
- Gain a quick overview of the Revolutionary War:
- Browse the Revolutionary War Timeline to help put the war’s events into context and relationships.
- Read American Revolution Facts to learn basic facts, dates, and information about the war while answering commonly asked questions.
- Watch the Revolutionary War Animated Map. This 18-minute video chronologically follows the war’s events from Lexington to Yorktown.
- Read about The Intolerable Acts and the Boston Massacre to learn why the colonists took up arms against Great Britain.
- Watch videos about influential battles throughout the war, like the battles of Lexington and Concord and Brandywine.
- Meet influential people from both sides of the conflict by reading their biographies, such as George Washington and Charles Cornwallis.
- Browse original documents from the Revolutionary War, such as Common Sense by Thomas Paine and the Declaration of Independence to learn about the tumultuous political sphere.
- Learn about the different wartime strategies that the British and the Continental Army employed during the war.
- Understand how the war was remembered and memorialized with Monuments of the Revolutionary War In4.
Total time: 420 minutes (7 hours)
Nothing to do with the rest of your weekend? Click here to continue on your Revolutionary War learning path.