Learn About the Revolutionary War in Two Days
Have a weekend free and want to learn about the Revolutionary War?
Impress your friends with your history knowledge.
Learn about the Revolutionary War over the weekend:
- Gain a quick overview of the American Revolutionary War:
- Browse the Revolutionary War Timeline to help put the war’s events into context and relationships.
- Read American Revolution Facts to learn basic facts, dates, and information about the war while answering commonly asked questions.
- Watch the Revolutionary War Animated Map. This 18-minute video chronologically follows the war’s events from Lexington to Yorktown.
- Read about The Intolerable Acts and the Boston Massacre to learn why the colonists took up arms against Great Britain.
- Watch videos about and influential battles throughout the war, like the battles of Lexington and Concord and Brandywine.
- Meet influential people from both sides of the conflict by reading their biographies, such as George Washington and Charles Cornwallis.
- Browse original documents from the Revolutionary War, such as Common Sense by Thomas Paine and the Declaration of Independence to learn about the tumultuous political sphere
- Learn about the different wartime strategies that the British and the Continental Army employed during the war.
- Explore the lives of everyday soldiers with articles like Three Men from Acton and Human Heroes.
- Gain an understanding of the far-reaching impact of the war by reading the Treaty of Paris and watching Wars for Independence In4.
- Understand how the war was remembered and memorialized with the video Monuments of the Revolutionary War In4 and the article The Society of Cincinnati.
- Finish by exploring the technologies used during the war, such as Small Arms Weapon and Gunpowder.
Total time: 858 minutes (14.3 hours)
Dive deeper into the subject, and impress your coworkers and family with your knowledge of history! Click here to spend the rest of your week learning about the Revolutionary War.