Western and Atlantic Passenger Depot
Marietta, GA 30060
This Victorian brick structure was built in 1898 on the site of the original 1840s passenger depot that was burned by Gen. William T. Sherman's troops in 1864. The depot in Marietta is where Andrews' Raiders boarded the General and in 1862 and began their fateful journey - "The Great Locomotive Chase" (Andrews' Raid). The depot is also the site from which female workers from the Roswell mills were deported to the North as prisoners of war.