206 Capitol Avenue Southwest
Atlanta, GA 30334
In 1864, Federal troops encamped on the grounds of Atlanta City Hall. Today's Georgia capitol stands on this site. The dome of the classical Renaissance building is topped with native gold. Statues of Civil War governors and other historic figures, as well as United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) historic markers, are located on the grounds. Capitol museum collections include Confederate-era flags, portraits, and statuary.