431 Walnut Street
Grafton, WV 26354
Grafton was established in 1867 by Congressional legislation to offer a final resting place for the men who died during the Civil War. Burials were removed from other cemeteries to make Grafton the final resting place for 2,133 soldiers, including 664 unknown soldiers. Grafton is notably the site of the grave of the first casualty of land engagement of the Civil War, Pvt. T. Bailey Brown.