362 Yorktown Road
Newport News, VA 23603, USA
Built in 1769, Endview Plantation functioned as a Confederate hospital and headquarters for Gens. McLaws and Toombs during the Peninsula Campaign of 1862. The plantation's former owner, Dr. Humphrey Harwood Curtis, was instrumental in organizing the Warwick Beauregard's at the onset of war. The cannons roar again each spring as part of a Civil War reenactment. Historical programs are also offered.