Washington's Headquarters (Isaac Potts House)
1400 N Outer Line Dr
King of Prussia, PA 19406
General George Washington rented a three-story stone house to serve as his headquarters during the Continental Army’s winter encampment at Valley Forge from 1777-1778. Built in the 1750s by the Potts family, Deborah Hewes rented the house from her relative Isaac Potts, who, in turn, leased the entire house, with furnishings, to Washington. Today, Washington’s Headquarters, sometimes known as the Isaac Potts House, is open for visitation in Valley Forge National Historical Park and reconstructed to look like what it looked like during the winter of 1777-1778.