State Capitol Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
The Pentagon Buildings were constructed in 1819-29 to house U.S. troops and were used as a garrison until 1877. From 1861 to 1862, the barracks was held by the Confederates. It served as quarters for many famous soldiers, including Gens. Wade Hampton, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson.
NOTE: The Pentagon Barracks currently houses private apartments for state legislators and the offices of the lieutenant governor; it is not open for public tours.