2523 Springer Boulevard
Little Rock, AR 72206
These grounds were used as a Union campground by U.S. troops. When the troops left, the Confederates buried their dead on the west side. It was then bought by the U.S. government in 1868 for use as a military burial ground for occupation troops. A wall was erected between Union and Confederate sections but was taken down in 1913. The cemetery is one of the few national cemeteries where Confederate soldiers are buried.