105 FORT GRANGER DRIVE
FRANKLIN, TN 37064, USA
In February 1863, General Rosecrans, in command of the Federal troops in Middle Tennessee, ordered Maj. Gen. Gordon Granger to fortify Franklin. On November 30, 1864, General Hood of the Confederate army attacked. The fort was abandoned when the Federals withdrew to Nashville during the night, but it was re-occupied two weeks later as Hood's defeated army withdrew from the state.