Corinth, MS 38834
Battery F is one of the six outer batteries built by the Union army in a position to provide support fire on October 3, 1862. Facing northwest, Battery F protected the Memphis and Charleston Railroad. The battery was the northernmost of the detached batteries protecting approaches along roads and railroads. It was captured the evening of October 3. Battery F is a well-preserved earthwork of about 150 feet long, with a parapet between 3 and 6 feet high.