Brandy Station | Hansbrough's Ridge | June 9, 1863
Culpeper County, Va.
A union cavalry division supported by an infantry brigade—almost 6,000 soldiers— attacked at Beverly’s Ford on the early morning of June 9, 1863. Designated the “Right Wing,” this Union assaulting force was confronted by Confederate defenders on the Cunningham Farm (American Battlefield Trust property, largely), and heavy fighting broke out just south of the Rappahannock River.
Help Save Brandy Station battlefield before it’s too late
This will be the only chance we will ever have to protect these 97 acres at Brandy Station, and the other 7 acres near Cedar Mountain, and we urgently...
Culpeper County, VA | June 9, 1863