FAQs about Donor Thank You Weekend
February 19 - 21, 2021
Planning for your trip
Do I need to stay at the Hyatt Place Hotel to participate in the Thank You Weekend?
No. You can stay anywhere!
What is the parking fee at the Hyatt Place?
Valet is $34/day or $10/hr for shorter periods of time, self-parking at the Hotel is NOT available.
The hotel offers valet parking for $22 per day and self-parking for $14 per day, with in-and-out privileges at the Hyatt Place parking lot at 808 Lady Street, Columbia, SC 29201. Dedicated overflow parking is available in the Washington Street Garage adjacent from the hotel on the corner of Washington and Lincoln streets.
What are the closest airports to the Hyatt?
Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE): 8 miles
- Uber Rides are approximately $16 - $25 for one way.
- Taxi cabs are approxiately $24 - $26 for one way.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT): 93 miles
- Uber Rides are approximately $89 - $172 for one way.
- Taxi cabs are approximately $175 - $200 for one way.
Planning for COVID-19 Restrictions and Updates
As you are aware, the COVID-19 situation is a fluid one. With the anticipation of hosting our event in February, we will continue to monitor the guidelines for that area, as well as travel restrictions and requirements from other states. If we cannot host the in-person event, we will contact you immediately.
During the Event
As part of your registration, you are provided with the following meals:
- Friday: We will have a reception on Friday evening. Hors d'oeuvres and refreshments will be served.
- Saturday: Morning snacks and lunch.
- Sunday: Breakfast.
What is a personal itinerary and why is it so important?
You will receive a personal itinerary on-site when you register. It will confirm what you signed up for and provide you with the exact time that your tour will line up for departure. All tours depart at different times, so please be sure to remember your departure time. We will not hold a bus for you if you are tardy, so please be sure to be on time.
Will there be American Battlefield Trust merchandise for sale at the event?
No, we will not have merchandise for sale.
What is the attire during for the activities scheduled during the weekend?
This is YOUR vacation, and we want you to be comfortable and casual. However, for particular events, we can suggest the following:
- Friday Evening: Business Casual for the reception and lecture., with comfortable walking shoes.
- Saturday and Sunday Tours: Casual clothing with closed toed walking shoes. We strongly suggest long pants for battlefield tours.
What are the best restaurants, things to do, and sources of information about Columbia?
Experience Columbia SC is a great source of information to enhance your stay in the city. You can locate them here.
- Contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
(800) 298-7878 x7229