6040 Bowling Green Road
Franklin, KY 42134
The antebellum home was utilized as a campsite by the Ky. Orphan Brigade when evacuating Bowling Green, Ky. Feb. 1862. Union armies encamped the home and grounds repeatedly throughout War. Confederate soldiers were cared for by the owner, Andrew Jackson Caldwell, throughout the War. It was used as a hospital and recovery site for Confederate soldiers after skirmishes in Simpson County.