1825 Pilot Knob Road
Eva, TN 38333
The park was named for Lt. Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, the intrepid Confederate cavalry leader who on November 4, 1864, attacked and destroyed the Federal supply and munitions depot at Johnsonville at the mouth of Trace Creek. His operations were concentrated along the river, near the park and town of Eva. The park features a monument to Forrest and a map delineating the action at Johnsonville.
Memphis National Cemetery
Memphis, Tennessee | Originally named the Mississippi National Cemetery, this cemetery holds the remains of 13,965 soldiers who fought in the Civil...
Memphis Pink Palace Museum
Memphis, Tennessee | The Civil War exhibit at this museum displays artifacts, documents, and photographs of civilian Memphis, arms and equipment and...
Mississippi River Museum at Mud Island
Memphis, Tennessee | This museum features five galleries dedicated to the significant role of the Mississippi River in the Civil War.
Oaklands Historic House Museum
Murfreesboro, Tennessee | Both Union and Confederate armies camped on this 1,500 acre plantation, which at different times housed both Nathan Bedford...