6927 Route 250
Madison, IN 47250
Eleutherian College was established as an abolitionist school in 1848. The college offered education to all students, regardless of sex or race, and was the first of its kind in the state of Indiana. The college served as a stop on the Underground Railroad. Many of the students enlisted in the Civil War, and the grounds were used as a training center during the Civil War for the Sixth Indiana Regiment.