148 Old Fort Road
St. Marks, FL 32355
These ruins are located at the confluence of the St. Marks and Wakulla Rivers. The site has been occupied by Spanish, British, American, and Confederate troops. During the Civil War, Confederate soldiers built earthworks and placed artillery at the fort, which was threatened in March 1865.
Fort Barrancas, Gulf Islands National Seashore
Pensacola, Florida | This fort was one of four fortifications protecting Florida's Pensacola Bay and the U.S. Navy Yard from enemy attack.
Fort Clinch State Park
Fernandina Beach, Florida | This fort is one of the most well-preserved 19th century forts in the country, and has been a part of the state park...
Fort East Martello Museum and Gardens
Key West, Florida | Constructed in 1862 during the Civil War, this brick fortress now serves as an excellent historical museum and art gallery.
Fort Jefferson, Dry Tortugas National Park
Key West, Florida | Once known as the "Gibraltar of the Gulf, " this fort is the largest all-masonry fort in the Western Hemisphere.
Fort Pickens, Gulf Islands National Seashore
Pensacola Beach, Florida | This fort was one of four forts in the South to remain in Union control throughout the war. It is now part of the National...
Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park
Key West, Florida | This fort, the nation's southernmost Civil War era fortress, is now a state park.