Fort Site St
Fort Recovery, OH 45846
Purposely built on the site of Arthur St. Clair’s defeat in 1791, General “Mad” Anthony Wayne oversaw the construction of Fort Recovery along the Wabash River, within two miles of the modern Ohio and Indiana border. Built between 1793 and 1794, the fort was used as a staging ground for advances into the northwest territory. It was eventually used as a reference point to establish the border between Native American and United States territories.
Today, a replica of part of the fort is on the site in addition to the Fort Recovery State Memorial and the Fort Recovery State Museum. The memorial honors those that were killed under the commands of Arthur St. Clair and Anthony Wayne.