Fort Bliss Museum
Fort Bliss, TX 79916
Fort Bliss, a U.S. Army post established in 1848 to assert authority over lands acquired after the Mexican War, served as headquarters for Confederate forces in the Southwest during the Civil War. The Old Fort Bliss Replica is an exact replica of the original adobe fort that was part of the frontier military era (1854-68). In addition to living history period rooms, a separate museum facility features exhibits and artifacts of Fort Bliss history, including its role in the Civil War.