226 South Jackson Street
Salisbury, NC 28144
A symbol of Old Salisbury, this beautiful house was built in 1820. Dr. Josephus Hall, chief surgeon at Salisbury Prison during the Civil War, moved into the house with his family in 1859. The house was also used as headquarters for Union Gen. George Stoneman during his raid in North Carolina in 1865.