240 Furnace Parkway
Brierfield, AL 35035
Brierfield Ironworks began production under direction of the Confederacy in 1862, providing iron to the Selma Arsenal during the Civil War. On March 31, 1865, the furnace was the target of a raid by troops of Gen. James Wilson as part of his campaign in central Alabama. After the war the Ironworks was purchased by Gen. Josiah Gorgas, a Confederate chief of ordnance, and remained in operation until 1894. The remains are present at the park.