Frequently Asked Questions
Grand Review 2023
Planning for the Grand Review
Where will the Grand Review be held in Williamsburg?
The host hotel for the Grand Review is the Colonial Williamsburg Lodge, located at 310 South England Street. All tours will depart from and return to the Williamsburg Lodge.
Do I need to stay at the Williamsburg Lodge to participate in the Grand Review?
No. You are welcome to stay anywhere.
What is some important information that I need to know about staying at the Williamsburg Lodge?
- The room block for the American Battlefield Trust will be available until September 15, 2023, or until the room block is sold out.
- The room rate is $279/night ++.
- Check In is at 4:00 pm, Check Out is at 11:00 am.
- The hotel has a strict cancellation policy. If you cancel within seven (7) days, you will be charged for one night's stay.
Travel to the Grand Review
What are my travel options to Williamsburg?
If you are taking a train, the Amtrak Williamsburg Station is close-by. The station is ~1 mile from the Williamsburg Lodge.
- Estimated Taxi Fare: $5/one way
- Estimated Uber Fare: $8 - $12/one way
If you are flying into the area, the closest airport is Newport News - Williamsburg Airport International (PHF). The airport is ~19 miles from the Williamsburg Lodge.
- Estimated Taxi Fare: ~$51/one way
- Estimated Uber Fare: $25 - $42/one way
The Richmond International Airport (RIC) is ~45 miles from the Williamsburg Lodge.
- Estimated Taxi Fare: ~$116/ one-way
- Estimated Uber Fare: $55 - $102/ one way
The Norfolk International Airport (ORF) is ~50-55 miles from the Williamsburg Lodge.
What is the parking like at the Williamsburg Lodge?
- Self-Parking is $20/day. A pass will be given at check-in to use in the parking garage.
- There is no valet parking at this property.
- There are electric car charging stations available.
Will I need a car once I arrive at the hotel for the Grand Review?
All activities that are on the schedule will have transportation provided for you to and from the Williamsburg Lodge.
During the Grand Review
What meals are included in the weekend?
At the hotel, Saturday night dinner and Sunday morning breakfast will be provided. Lunch will be provided during the Saturday tours.
The hotel is within walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg. Merchants Square has an abundance of dining options. In addition, there are many Dining options in Colonial Williamsburg. It is recommended that you make reservations.
Will there be American Battlefield Trust merchandise for sale at the Grand Review?
No. We will not have American Battlefield Trust merchandise for sale during this weekend. Our online store can deliver merchandise right to your home. Please visit the online store here.
What is the suggested attire during for the activities scheduled during the Grand Review?
- Friday Evening Welcome and Tour. Business casual with comfortable walking shoes, and a jacket. After the welcome at the Williamsburg Lodge, we'll be walking as a group into Colonial Williamsburg to enjoy an evening program.
- Saturday and Sunday Tours: Comfortable and casual, with closed toed walking shoes. Long pants are recommended. You may want to consider bringing a jacket, hat, umbrella, sunscreen and bug spray.
- Saturday Evening Dinner Buffet at the Williamsburg Lodge: Business/Dressy
- Please remember to check the weather in advance to help with your packing.
Where should I look to find more information about Williamsburg and the surrounding historic areas?
- Contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
(202) 367-1861 x7229