Careers at the American Battlefield Trust
Join our team
The Trust team is lean and mean. Composed of professionals with backgrounds ranging from real estate, to politics, to event planning — and everything in between — our staff is united by a commitment to excellence and a passion for keeping American history alive.
We love what we do. Every staff member is, in their own way, working toward the same goal: preserving America’s hallowed battlegrounds and educating the public about what happened there and why it matters. Learn more about the Trust’s mission and guiding principles.
Relentless Pursuit of Excellence
At the American Battlefield Trust, we seek to be “the best in the world” at what we do. Our culture calls for hardworking, entrepreneurial individuals that take calculated, intelligent risks and are always looking for opportunities to learn and improve.
Investing in Our Staff
We recognize that people and relationships are everything, including in the workplace. We empower employees to own their work, supporting them in their goals and helping them grow and realize their fullest potential.
Behind All the Hard Work
The Trust is more than just a workplace: it’s a community of driven, enthusiastic people who genuinely respect and care for one another.
Interested in Joining Us?
The American Battlefield Trust is a great place to work! View our current employment opportunities, including both full-time positions and part-time internship opportunities. If you’re interested in bringing your experience and passion to the Trust, but we don’t have the right position available right now, please email our HR Manager at email@example.com with your resume and contact information, and we’ll reach out if we ever have an opportunity that we think might be a good fit.
What We Offer
- Medical, dental and vision coverage, with the premium cost on individual coverage paid 100% by the Trust
- Paid time off + ten holidays
- 403(b) retirement plan with company contribution after one year (regardless of employee’s own contribution)
- Paid life and AD&D benefits
- WMATA/transit reimbursement program
- Year-round intern program
- Opportunities to participate in events and visit historic sites
- Professional development opportunities
- Fully stocked coffee and tea stations
- Business casual dress environment + casual Friday