From battleground to hallowed ground, this day plan is built for those who want to jump right into history.
- Print or download your tour map.
- Get the day started with a classic Gettysburg breakfast at the Lincoln Diner.
- Start at the Gettysburg Museum and Visitor Center, where you can find out about ranger programs or book a 2-hour battlefield tour with a Licensed Battlefield Guide (who goes in your car). See the incredible 400-foot-long Cyclorama painting, time allowing.
- Grab an authentic historic lunch in the Springhouse Tavern at the Dobbin House.
- Tour the Gettysburg Battlefield with a battlefield guide or on your own.
- Stroll through the Soldiers National Cemetery, for which Abraham Lincoln delivered his Gettysburg Address.
- Learn more about the town at the Gettysburg Heritage Center or the David Wills House.
- Go for a historic dinner at the Farnsworth House or its Civil War themed Sweeny’s Tavern (where you can also get a room for the night in a bullet-riddled building).