New York Avenue Presbyterian Church
1313 New York Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20005
Located just two blocks from the White House, the present New York Avenue Presbyterian Church is a reproduction of the original church where President Lincoln and his family regularly attended services beginning in 1861. The church's pastor, Rev. Dr. Phineas Gurley, became a friend of the president and later led prayers at Lincoln's bedside when he was assassinated. Lincoln's pew is preserved in the center of the church.