Captain Armours Way
Jupiter, FL 33469
The lighthouse was designed by the Lt. Gen. George G. Meade, later Federal commander at Gettysburg and construction was completed in 1860. Early in the Civil War, Confederate sympathizers removed the illuminating apparatus and buried it in Jupiter Creek. At the end of the war, the newly appointed lighthouse keeper recovered the lighting mechanism, and the lamp was relit in 1866.