118 East Dickson Street
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Judge Jonas Tebbetts, a Northern sympathizer, built Headquarters House in 1853. Tebbetts was jailed by Gen. Ben McCulloch and then finally released to go to St. Louis for the duration of the Civil War. The house was used at various times as headquarters for both the Federal and Confederate armies. The Battle of Fayetteville was fought on the house grounds and across the street on April 18, 1863. One of the doors still carries the hole made by a minie ball.