14 West Macon Street
Savannah, GA 13401
This restored and furnished mid-nineteenth-century Gothic Revival-style home of Charles Green served as the headquarters for Union General Sherman during the winter of 1864-65. While staying at the Green-Meldrim House, Sherman sent a telegram to President Lincoln presenting the city of Savannah to him as a Christmas present. The house is currently owned and operated by St. John's Episcopal Church.
Chickamauga, Georgia | Prior to the Battle of Chickamauga, this historic site served as headquarters to the Union Army of the Cumberland's Gen...
Tunnel Hill Heritage Center and Clisby Austin House
Tunnel Hill, Georgia | In 1864, Sherman occupied this historic site and set up his headquarters in the nearby Clisby Austin House, where he planned...
Roswell, Georgia | This historic site is a house museum, featuring period rooms open for tours seven days a week.
The Old Governor's Mansion
Milledgeville, Georgia | Completed in 1839, this historic site is one of the finest examples of High Greek Revival architecture in the nation.