217 Cove Road
Chickamauga, GA 30707
Prior to the Battle of Chickamauga, the Gordon-Lee Mansion served as headquarters to the Union Army of the Cumberland's Gen. William Rosecrans. Seven division hospitals were set up on site during the battle until the mansion was captured by the Confederate Army of Tennessee's Gen. Joseph Wheeler on the second day of the battle and used as a hospital for the Confederate army. When 14, 000 veterans returned to the site for the Blue-Gray Barbecue in 1889, they formed the oldest and largest Civil War battlefield in the United States, the Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Military Park.