54 Pearl Street
New York, NY 10004
New York's oldest running bar. This building is most famous as the site where, on December 4, 1783, George Washington gathered a group of his officers, nine days after the last of the British troops left American soil, to thank them for their service and bid them an emotional farewell before returning home. Outside of its traditional bar and restaurant, the tavern also holds an accompanying museum.