Castillo de San Marcos National Monument
1 South Castillo Drive
St. Augustine, FL 32084
Built from 1672 - 1695 as a colonial Spanish fortress, it was renamed Fort Marion in 1821 (and reverted to its original Spanish name in 1942). Confederate forces occupied this fort from early 1861 until they withdrew the next year on arrival of a Union naval force.