The Iuka Battlefield was open forest and cleared farm land in 1862, but the site is now largely covered by thick woods, undergrowth and some development. Some historic markers are in the area. There are no remaining buildings from the time of the battle. The Goyer Cemetery still exists and was near the center of the Union line, though most of the grave markers are gone. The present-day Highway 25 approximates the location of the Jacinto Road used by Rosecrans's Union forces to move north into a defensive position southwest of Iuka. The Old Tishomingo County Courthouse in Iuka has a Civil War Interpretive Center, managed by the Iuka Battlefield Commission.
Iuka Battlefield: What's Nearby
The American Battlefield Trust and our members have saved more than 58 acres at Iuka Battlefield.