Fort Wagner Battlefield
Fort Wagner, lost to the sea since the late 1800's, was part of the Confederate defenses of Charleston Harbor and was located on the narrow Morris Island on the coast. The site of the fort is not easily accessible. A tour of nearby Fort Sumter National Monument from the ferry landing on Concord Street in Charleston will include a view of where Fort Wagner used to stand. The education center and small museum there tell the stories of the Confederate defense of Charleston Harbor.