FAQs about the Annual Conference
May 12 - 15, 2022
Planning for your trip
Do I need to stay at the Westfield's Marriott Hotel to participate in the Annual Conference?
No. You can stay anywhere!
What is the parking fee at the Westfield's Marriott Hotel?
Parking at the Marriott is free and plentiful.
What is check-in and check-out time at the Westfield's Marriott Hotel?
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
What are the closest airports to the Westfields Marriott Hotel?
Dulles International Airport (IAD): 10 miles (20 minutes, depending on traffic)
- Uber Rides are approximately $22 - $40 for one way.
- Taxi Rides are approximately $25 - $40 for one way.
Reagan National Airport (DCA): 32 miles (40 minutes, depending on traffic)
- Uber Rides are approximately $52 - $124 for one way.
- Taxi Rides are approximately $70 $104 for one way.
Baltimore Washington Airport (BWI): 63 miles (75-90 minutes, depending on traffic)
- Uber Rides are approximately $106-$302 for one way.
- Taxi Rides are approximately $185 for one way.
Alternate Airport Transportation (Reagan & Dulles)
- BBC Express 1-866-888-7433
As part of your registration, you are provided with the following meals:
- Thursday Welcome Reception will include dinner and non-alcoholic beverages. There will also be a cash bar.
- Friday will include breakfast at the hotel and lunch on the tours.
- Saturday will include breakfast and dinner banquet at the hotel, plus lunch on the tours.
- Sunday will include breakfast.
- Color Bearers and one guest (registered for the conference) are invited to to the Color Bearer dinner on Friday evening.
What is a personal itinerary and why is it so important?
Now, more than ever, your personal itinerary is going to be imperative to follow the program for this event. Your Personal Itinerary is very specific to the selections you've made. In order to get everyone to their designated tour, we are going to provide you with details, including times and instructions, that you will need to read and follow.
Will there be American Battlefield Trust merchandise for sale at the event?
No, we will not have merchandise for sale at the event. However, you can get your American Battlefield Trust "swag" on our online store here. We can offer a 25% discount for conference participants until May 23rd. Before you place your order, please enter the discount code Annual22.
What is the attire during for the activities scheduled during the weekend?
This is YOUR vacation, and we want you to be comfortable and casual. However, for particular events, we can suggest the following:
- Thursday: Casual to Business Casual for Welcome and Photo Extravaganza.
- Friday and Saturday Tours: Casual clothing with closed toed walking shoes. We strongly suggest long pants for battlefield tours.
- Saturday Evening Dinner Banquet: Business/Cocktail Attire.
- Color Bearer Events: Thursday Tours - Casual clothing with closed toed walking shoes. We strongly suggest long pants for battlefield tours. Friday Color Bearer Dinner: Business/Semi-Formal Attire
What are the best restaurants, things to do, and sources of information about Fairfax County?
Visit Fairfax is a great source of information to enhance your stay. You can locate them here.
- Contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org