From battleground to hallowed ground, this day plan is built for those who want to jump right into history.
- Print or download your tour map.
- Get the day started with a classic Southern twist on breakfast at Mason Dixon Café.
- Start your visit at the Fredericksburg Visitor Center. Obtain information on the places to visit and events offered through the spring, summer and fall.
- Soak in sites from the Founding Era, including George Washington’s boyhood home at Ferry Farm or Kenmore. If you have time, learn about eighteenth century medical practices and see live leeches at the Hugh Mercer Apothecary Shop.
- Choose from a variety of daily specials for lunch at longtime local hotspot, J. Brian’s.
- After a hearty meal, dive into the Civil War with a visit to the Fredericksburg Battlefield. If you have extra time, don’t forget the incredible Chancellorsville, Wilderness and Spotsylvania battlefields. Remember, hiking battlefields is also great way to wear out the kids!
- Have dinner at Foode in the historic National Bank, once visited by President Abraham Lincoln.