Harris Farm Battlefield
Fredericksburg, VA 22402
The last major action of the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House occurred on May 19, 1864, at the Harris Farm. On discovering that U.S. Grant had pulled his forces away from the Muleshoe sector, Robert E. Lee sent 6,000 men under Richard Ewell to locate the Union right flank. After suffering 15 percent casualities, Ewell's corps eventually withdrew.