Camp White Sulphur Springs Confederate Cemetery
Off Ark. 54
Pine Bluff, AR 71603, USA
Early in the Civil War, Camp White Sulphur Springs served as a staging and training facility for the Confederate army. Later on, the camp and surrounding area functioned as a Confederate military hospital. In 1912, a monument was erected, dedicated to those who died at Camp White Sulphur Springs, by the David O. Dodd Chapter No. 212, United Daughters of the Confederacy. The cemetery at the camp was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2005, and it has received numerous national and state awards in areas of historical preservation.