Generations Event @ George Washington's Ferry Farm
George Washington's Ferry Farm
268 Kings Hwy
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
An American Battlefield Trust Generations Event brings families together for an experience of history! You’re invited to gather your recruits—kids, grandkids, neighbors, and friends—and come be inspired by stories and activities from the Revolutionary War
Join the American Battlefield Trust and our partners at the George Washington Foundation for a FREE event at George Washington’s Ferry Farm in Stafford County, Virginia, on Sunday, November 5, 2023. Registered adults and kids will have the opportunity to check-in and explore the house and grounds from 1pm to 5pm on their own, and then gather for the program and activities from 2pm to 4pm.
250 years ago, American colonists – including George Washington – felt frustrated by British taxation and began to discuss uniting in common cause. Within a few years, the American Revolutionary War had begun, and Washington would eventually lead the Continental Army and its allies to victory, creating and defending the United States. The Generations Event will explore the causes of the conflict, Washington’s life and army, and the Declaration of Independence through exciting activities and interactive programs!
Charge toward independence as we learn to march, toss tea toward Boston Harbor, sign with a quill pen, wear a uniform or tricorn hat, listen to Revolutionary music, and re-discover details about the road to Revolution and George Washington’s life and leadership. The event will take place at Ferry Farm—George Washington’s Boyhood Home, adding to the opportunity to explore a historic site!
The event is free and open to all who come with someone of another generation; registration is required to waive admission costs to the historic site! The ideal ages are 6-17. The program and activities will be from 2pm to 4pm. Registered adults and kids will have access to the Ferry Farm grounds from 1pm to 5pm for on-your-own exploring.
- Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Access to the grounds/museum from 1pm to 5pm for registered attendees.
- Ferry Farm: George Washington’s Boyhood Home - 268 Kings Hwy, Fredericksburg, VA 22405
- Parking is onsite at Ferry Farm.
- Click here to learn more about George Washington's Ferry Farm
- 1773 – The Boston Tea Party
- George Washington prepares for Revolution
- The school of the Revolutionary War soldier
- Signing Revolutionary documents
- Revolutionary War music
- Family Fun!
- This event is FREE and open to all who brings someone from another generation.
- No admission costs to Ferry Farm for registered attendees!
- Guardians must accompany the child they brought to the event.
- Check-in is required as you arrive at Ferry Farm and enter the grounds gate. (Look for signs to guide you to this check-in location!)
- Please wear appropriate footwear and be prepared for inclement weather.