211th Anniversary of the Battles of the River Raisin
River Raisin National Battlefield Park
333 North Dixie Highway
Monroe, MI 48162
River Raisin National Battlefield Park, partnering with the Friends of the River Raisin Battlefield and the City of Monroe, will be hosting the 211th Anniversary Commemoration Event on Saturday, January 20, 2024, running from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Programs include a tactical demonstration by the Friends of the River Raisin Battlefield, a wreath-laying ceremony by the National Park Service, and the showing of new educational films produced by the National Park Service.
A special presentation of artifacts belonging to American Brigadier General James Winchester will be presented by Cragfont Historic Site, Winchester’s home and now a Tennessee State Historic Site. General Winchester was the leader of the American forces during the Battles of the River Raisin.
Schedule of events:
- 10:00 a.m. Doors Open
- 11:00 a.m. Tactical Demonstration presented by the Friends of the River Raisin Battlefield.
- 12:00 p.m. Flag & Wreath Laying Ceremony presented by the National Park Service
- 1:00 p.m. Park Films Hull’s Trace, Removal, Remember the Raisin showing in Visitor Center theater
- 2:30 p.m. Artifacts of General James Winchester Presentation in Visitor Center theater
- 3:30 p.m. Park Film Untold Legacy of the River Raisin showing in Visitor Center theater