Virtual Teacher Institute 2021
Join Us Online July 12-16, 2021
@ 10:30 AM - 5:15 PM
"Login and Learn" at the 2021 American Battlefield Trust Virtual Teacher Institute
Popular sessions include:
- Using Ancestry, Fold3 and Newspapers.com to Make History Relatable
- Washington and Baltimore: A Civil War Photo Extravaganza
- Civil War Medicine and STEAM in the Classroom
- Dear Diary: Getting Personal with the Revolution's Many Players
- View all webinar sessions and attend as many or few as you like.
Don't miss out on your favorite! Register now.
Our second annual Virtual Teacher Institute brings together educators from all over the world. This week-long event includes sessions headed by leading experts and speakers in the history and education fields.
The event is free to active educators and is designed for participants to attend as many or as few sessions as they would like. We know that you have busy schedules!
Educators will be immersed in a friendly, fun, and engaging virtual learning environment on the American Battlefield Trust's webinar platform. Learn more about the historical topics that you teach in the classroom while acquiring new and innovative teaching methods. Our Virtual Teacher Institute is more than just methodology, it's about making you a better, more well-rounded educator. We hope that you will leave the Institute with a better understanding of your subject matter and a passion for history education.
This event is free to active educators. At the conclusion of the event, educators can apply for a continuing education certificate, provided by the American Battlefield Trust.
Please join us July 12-16, 2021, on the American Battlefield Trust webinar platform.
Who Can Attend
This event is primarily intended for active K-12 educators and administrators, but we also allow the following professionals to attend:
- Active K-12 educators and administrators.
- Full-time Museum professionals.
- Adjunct and full-time college professors & administrators.
Continuing Education Units
Participants may earn up to 24 contact hours for attending the event, which equates to 2.4 Continuing Education Units. To earn CEUs.
- Participants must register for each session that they wish to attend. Space is limited.
- The number of contact hours is based on the number of sessions attended by each participant.
- Participants must attend eight (8) or more sessions to qualify for CEUs.
- Participants must attend each session for 60 or more minutes to earn credit for each session attended.
- Participants must fill out an event exit survey that will be provided 3-5 business days after the event via the email that you provided.
- All CEUs will be paid for and facilitated by the American Battlefield Trust.
- CEU certificates will be emailed in mid-September of 2021 to each qualifying participant.
- There is no registration fee for the event or CEU certificates.
Registration for the 2021 Virtual Teacher Institute is open. Registration for each webinar is FREE, but all participants are required to register for each webinar that they wish to attend. Space is limited.
How Do I Attend?
- Register for the webinars that you wish to attend.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with all of the login information.
- A few minutes before the webinar starts, click on the link provided in the registration email.
Are you recording the sessions?
Yes, the sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the American Battlefield Trust website a few weeks after the event.
Can I receive CEUs for watching the recordings at a later date?
No, you can only apply for and receive CEUs for attending the live sessions July 12-16, 2021.
Relive the 2020 Virtual Teacher Institute!
Our first ever Virtual Teacher Institute brought together nearly 800 educators from around the world. Over four days and in 15 sessions, participants engaged with leading experts in the history and education fields. You can relive our 2020 event and access all of the videos and support assets by clicking here.
Do You Have Questions About the Event?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.