Frequently Asked Questions
Grand Review 2021
Where will the Grand Review be held in Richmond?
The host hotel for the Grand Review is the Omni Richmond Hotel, located at 100 S 12th Street, Richmond, VA 23219. Registration, the Friday evening dinner banquet, Saturday and Sunday breakfasts will take place at the Omni Richmond. Buses for the tours will depart from and return to the Omni, as well.
Do I need to stay at the Omni Richmond Hotel to participate in the Grand Review?
No. You are welcome stay anywhere.
What is some important information that I need to know about staying at the Omni Richmond Hotel?
- Check In is at 3:00 pm, Check Out is at 12:00 pm.
- For an additional $50, you can get a late check-out until 4:00 pm on your departure date.
What are my travel options to Richmond?
If you are taking a train, the Amtrak Main Station is closest to the Omni Richmond Hotel - 6 blocks away.
- Estimated Taxi Fair: $7/one way
- Estiated Uber Fair: $8-10/one way
If you are flying into the area, the closest area is Richmond International Airport (RIC). The airport is 20-25 minutes from the Omni Richmond Hotel.
- Estimated Taxi Fair: $28-38/one way
- Estimated Uber Fair: $18-30/one way
What is the parking like at the Omni Richmond Hotel?
- Overnight Valet Parking is $27/car (unlimited in and out)
- Other nearby parking options:
- James Center Parking Deck - 2021 East Cary Street (Below the hotel.) Daily Rates: $4/hour for the first 3 hours then $3/hour for up to $21/per day max. Day and overnight parking allowed.
- Shockoe Parking Deck - Corner of 12th Street and Canal Street (Directly across from the main entrance of hotel.) Daily Rates: $5/hour for first 2 hours then $18/day; Hotel Overnight rate: $15 to enter after 3pm and exit between 5-11am.
- 14th Street Parking Deck - 1400 East Cary Street (No overnight parking.) Daily Rate: $5/per day– enter before 9:00 am and exit between 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm
- Virginia Street Garage Parking Deck - 100 Virginia Street (No overnight parking.) Daily Rate: $8/day to enter before 9am and exit between 2-6pm (Cash only)
Will I need a car once I arrive at the hotel for the Grand Review?
All activities that are scheduled will have transportation provided for you to and from the Omni.
What meals are included in the weekend?
On Friday, there will be a dinner banquet, with a full meal. On Saturday, there will be a reception as you return from your tour. It will be a Happy Hour with drinks and snacks included. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday are provided. On Saturday evening after the reception, you are free to spend your evening as you want.
What is a personal itinerary and why is it so important?
You will receive a personal itinerary on-site when you register. It will provide you with information about what tours and events you signed up for and when your specific tour lines up for departure. All tours depart at different times, so please be sure to remember when the tour you signed up for departs. We will not hold a bus for you if you are tardy, so please be sure to be on time.
Will there be American Battlefield Trust merchandise for sale at the Grand Review?
No, I’m sorry, but we will not have American Battlefield Trust merchandise for sale during this weekend. You can shop our online store and have merchandise delivered right to your home. Visit our store at https://shop.battlefields.org/products/. (Please note that we are transitioning to a new vendor, so inventory is limited until October 2021.)
What is the attire during for the activities scheduled during the Grand Review?
This is YOUR vacation, and we want you to be comfortable. The suggested dress attire for the weekend is as follows:
- Friday Evening Cocktail Reception and Dinner Banquet: Cocktail/Business Attire.
- Saturday and Sunday Tours & Breakfasts: Comfortable and casual, with closed toed walking shoes. Long pants are recommended. You may want to consider bringing a hat, umbrella, sunscreen and bug spray.
- Saturday Late Afternoon Happy Hour: Come as you are, directly off of your tour.
Please remember to check the weather in advance to help with your packing.
What else is there to see and do in Richmond?
Who better than the locals to give you a helping hand: Visit Richmond Region Tourism: website is here.
Other helpful Richmond links:
- Contact the Events Team at email@example.com
(800) 298-7878 x7229