Breakthrough at Fredericksburg!
Slaughter Pen Farm Battlefield
11190 Tidewater Trail
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
Bring your kids, grandkids, neighbors, and friends and march in the footsteps of your ancestors and help to instill in young people a lifelong passion for history.
Join the American Battlefield Trust at Fredericksburg for this special “Generations” event, designed to help adults share their passion for history with younger people.
On December 13, 1862, hundred of Union troops charged across the land now called Slaughter Pen Farm. Their advance was part of the Battle of Fredericksburg, and ultimately broke through part of the Confederate line. This program will explore the stories of Union and Confederate soldiers who fought on the land and offers hands-on history experiences, leadership activities, and a short battlefield walk.
Outmaneuver your opponent, wear a kepi, and learn about one of the turning point battles in American military history. The event is free and open to all who come with someone of another generation.
The event is free and open to all but is geared toward kids. The ideal ages are 6-17.
- The school of the soldier
- Outflank and charge your opponent!
- Medal of Honor recipients' stories
- Solving leadership dilemmas
- Family Fun!
The event begins at 9:30 am but you may want to arrive a few minutes early to park and secure a uniform piece for your kids.
Parking: Onsite at American Battlefield Trust's property, Slaughter Pen Farm
11190 Tidewater Trail, Fredericksburg, VA 22408
- This event is FREE and open to all who brings someone from another generation.
- Guardians must accompany the child they brought to the event.
- Registration is required.
- Please wear appropriate footwear and be prepared for inclement weather.