Graffiti House Social Card
Civil War
Partner Event

Annual Holiday Open House at the Graffiti House

You are here

SHARE THIS
 
Exhibit
December 8, 2018
1:00pm4:00pm
Graffiti House
19484 Brandy Road
Brandy Station, VA 22714

Owned and operated by the Brandy Station Foundation, the Graffiti House is a historic two-story frame structure believed to have been built in 1858. The walls of the second floor contain inscriptions, drawings, messages, and signatures of Civil War soldiers. This year, the Foundation is also pleased to feature the unveiling of the first stage of a new exhibit, “Culpeper’s Forgotten Heroes: Black Union Soldiers of Culpeper County, Virginia.” This exhibit was researched and curated by a member of the Foundation’s Board of Directors, Howard Lambert, who believes it to be the first permanent exhibit dedicated to Culpeper-born United States Colored Troops. This event is free and open to the public. Stop by and enjoy holiday fare and music by the Wilderness Run Players.

CONTACT
Brandy Station Foundation
PO Box 165
Brandy Station, VA 22714
(540) 727-7718