155th Gettysburg Live
A Facebook Live Event
Experience the 155th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg with the American Battlefield Trust through a series of Facebook and YouTube Live events on June 26 and July 1-3, 2018. Whether you are in Arizona, Australia or Amsterdam, just go to the American Battlefield Trust’s Facebook page and YouTube Channel throughout the anniversary days and start watching!
The Trust will be all around Gettysburg—in the Lutheran Theological Seminary cupola, among the rocks at Devil’s Den, picking out way across Rock Creek, walking the field of Pickett’s Charge, in town, and at as many other battlefield places as possible. The Trust’s Garry Adelman and Kristopher White will be your hosts and, along with expert historians, battlefield guides and special guests, we will take you virtually to places many never get to experience. We’ll show you rare photos and artifacts, and answer as many of your questions as we can.
Times and topics are subject to digital connectivity, but look for us on our Facebook and YouTube pages throughout all three days. We will visit all the main parts of the battlefield as well as some special gems. Here's a general outline:
- Opening program on Lutheran Seminary cupola
- First Shots
- Gettysburg and Jubal Early
- McPherson’s Ridge to Oak Hill
- Barlow’s Knoll and vicinity
- Climax on Seminary Ridge
- Retreat through Gettysburg
- Should the Confederates have attacked the Hills on July 1?
- Hood’s Charge
- Devil’s Den and Little Round Top
- The Wheatfield and Rose Woods
- From the Emmitsburg Road to the First Minnesota
- Tying up the Second Day
- East Confederate Avenue and Rock Creek
- Steven’s Knoll and Culp’s Hill
- Walk Pickett’s Charge
- Possible cavalry actions
To be clear, this is a virtual event—please do not come to the battlefield to try to meet us for these live broadcasts—just enjoy them on your computer, phone or tablet! There, you can ask questions, post comments, and maybe even get a live shout-out from the Trust!